Jun 9, 2019
PIANJ elects eight to board of directors
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J.—The Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey today elected eight independent insurance agents from around the state to its board of directors, at the association’s annual business meeting at Harrah’s in Atlantic City.
The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a three-year term, expiring in 2022:
- Robert Davies, CPIA, of Chatham, N.J. Davies is vice president of Davies & Associates in Murray Hill, N.J. An active member of PIANJ, Davies is a member of the Bait & Switch and Business Issues/Communications Committee. Davies also is vice chairperson of the Northwest N.J. Advisory Council and is a member of the Carrier Advisory Council.
- Mario Fernandez of Ridgefield, N.J. Fernandez is president and owner of M&F Insurance Agency Corp. in N. Bergen, N.J. Fernandez serves as chairperson on PIANJ’s Northeast Advisory Council. He also is a member of the Bait & Switch and Business Issues/Communications Committee.
- Jocelyn Rineer, CIC, CLP, CIIP, of Tinton Falls, N.J. Rineer is vice president of field operations for ANE, Agency Network Exchange in Monmouth Junction, N.J. An active member of PIANJ, Rineer is chairperson of the Women’s Business Forum and is membership vice chairperson of the Membership Services/Programs Committees. She also is a member of the Glenmont National Alliance Committee and the Special Olympics Golf Committee.
- Thomas Wilkens of Belford, N.J. Wilkens is Branch Manager & Director of McGowan Risk Specialists in Eatontown, N.J. Active in the association, Wilkens will serve as vice president in 2019-20; served as treasurer in 2018-19 and secretary in 2017-18. He is a member of the Membership Services/Programs and Executive/ Budget & Finance Committees and he is a member of the NJ Agents Justice Task Force. Wilkens also is a member of the PIANJ Political Action Governing Committee and is a member of the association’s Carrier Advisory Council. Additionally, Wilkens is an active past president of the New Jersey Young Insurance Professionals, an organization dedicated to the professional and personal growth of newcomers to the insurance industry and he is co-chairperson of the Special Olympics Golf Committee.
Newly elected to serve on the board:
- Lydia Bashwiner, Esq., CWCP, NJWCP, of Verona, N.J. Bashwiner is general counsel/claims manager for Otterstedt Insurance Agency Inc., in Englewood Cliffs, N.J. Active in PIANJ, Bashwiner is a member of the Government Affairs Committee and the Legislative Legal Review subcommittee.
- Chris Gonzalez, CPCU, CIC, CRM, ChFC, AU, AAI, CISR, of West New York, N.J. Gonzalez is chief executive officer for Gonzalez & Co., in N. Bergen, N.J. Active in PIANJ, Gonzalez serves on the New Jersey Young Insurance Professionals board of directors. NJYIP is an organization dedicated to the professional and personal growth of newcomers to the insurance industry. It is an affiliate of PIANJ.
- Lisa Hamm, CIC, of New Providence, N.J. Hamm is president and owner of Clyde Paul Agency Inc. in N. Arlington, N.J. An active member of the association, Hamm serves on PIANJ’s Business Issues/Communications Committee.
- Logan True, CRIS, of Jersey City, N.J. True is producer for True & Associates in Westfield, N.J. Active in PIANJ, True currently is president of the NJYIP. He also is the NJYIP liaison to PIANJ’s Business Issues/Communications and the NJPIAPAC Committees.
PIANJ is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies, brokerages and their employees throughout the state.