Mar 4, 2021
PIACT names officers for 2021-22
HARTFORD, Conn.—The Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc., elected officers today during the association’s Annual Business Meeting, held virtually March 4, 2021. Following are the new officers who will lead PIACT in 2021-22:
- President: Shannon Rabbett, CIC, of Windsor, Conn. Rabbett is principal of Rabbett Insurance Agency in Windsor, Conn.
- President-elect: Bud O’Neil, CPIA, of Bristol, Conn. O’Neil is an insurance agent with C.V. Mason & Co., in Bristol.
- Vice president: Nathan Shippee of Bolton, Conn. Shippee is vice president of sales & marketing for Workers’ Compensation Trust in Wallingford, Conn.
- Vice president: J. Kyle Dougherty, CIC, of Orange, Conn. Dougherty is president of Dougherty Insurance Agency Inc., in Stratford, Conn.
- Treasurer: Nicholas Ruickoldt, CPIA, of West Haven Conn. Ruickoldt is a broker for The Russell Insurance Agency in Southport, Conn.
- Secretary: Kevin McKiernan, CIC, CPIA, of Wilton, Conn. McKiernan is president of Abercrombie, Burns, McKiernan Co. in Darien, Conn.
- Immediate past president: Gerard Prast, CPIA, of Wallingford, Conn. Prast is vice president for XS Brokers Insurance Agency Inc., with offices in Quincy and Worcester, Mass., West Hartford, Conn., Philadelphia and Orlando, Fl.
PIA Connecticut is the premier professional association for independent insurance agents, working to advance the needs of its members and be a leading voice in the insurance industry. PIACT agents in the state of Connecticut – providing them with the very best education, information, advocacy, and business tools possible.