Jun 10, 2020
PIANJ elects five to board of directors
TRENTON, N.J.—The Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey today elected five independent insurance agents from around the state to its board of directors, at the association’s annual business meeting.
The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a three-year term, expiring in 2023:
- Michael Beckerman, CPCU, of Millington, N.J. Beckerman is president of Beckerman & Co./Acrisure in Colonia, N.J. Active in PIANJ, Beckerman is chairperson of the Legislative/Regulatory Committee. He also is a member of the PIANJ Political Action Committee.
- Maria Escalona, CPIA, of Jackson, N.J. Escalona is an underwriter for Jimcor Agencies in Montvale, N.J. An active member of PIANJ, Escalona is vice chairperson of the Women’s Business Forum and a member of the Business Issues Committee.
- Constance Mahoney, of Westfield, N.J. Mahoney is agency manager for Mark Anthony Associates in Mountainside, N.J. Active in PIANJ, Mahoney served as treasurer of the association in 2019-20; secretary of the association in 2018-19; and is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance and Membership Services/Programs Committees. Mahoney is treasurer of the PIANJ Political Action Governing Committee and is a member the Women’s Business Forum. She also is a member of the Carrier Advisory Council.
Newly elected to serve on the board for a three-year term expiring in 2023:
- Christopher Powell, of Mantua, N.J. Powell is partner in Hardenbergh Insurance Group in Marlton, N.J. Powell is an active member of PIANJ, serving on the Legislative/Regulatory Committee.
- Yossi Balanos, of Paterson, N.J. Balanos is president of Yossi United Insurance Agency LLC in Clifton, N.J. Balanos has been a member of PIANJ since 2012.
PIANJ is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies, brokerages and their employees throughout the state.