Mar 9, 2017
PIACT elects ten to board of directors
HARTFORD, Conn.—Ten Connecticut independent insurance agents were elected to serve on the board of directors of the Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc. today at the association’s Annual Convention held at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Conn.
The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a three-year term:
- Ken Distel of Avon, Conn. Distel is area vice president of RPS Distel., in Farmington, Conn. An active member of PIACT, Distel was elected president for 2017-18. He served as president-elect of the association in 2016-17, treasurer in 2015-16 and secretary in 2014-15. Currently, Distel is vice president of the Administrative/Nominations Committee. He also is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance and Legislative/Business Issues Committees.
- Nicholas Fanelli, CLU, CPCU, CIC, of Norfolk, Conn. Fanelli works for Raynard and Peirce, an associate of the Newberry Insurance Group in N. Canaan, Conn. Active in PIACT, Fanelli is a member of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee. He also is an ex-officio member of the Western Advisory Council.
- Michael A. Krause, CIC, of Branford, Conn. Krause is vice president of Anderson-Krause Inc., in Branford, Conn. Active in the association, Krause was elected president-elect of PIACT for 2017-18. He also is vice president and chairman of the Association Programs Committee and is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance Committee.
- Herbert Olson, CPCU, ARM, CIC, of E. Hampton, Conn. Olson is a sales producer for John M. Glover Agency in Berlin, Conn. Active in PIACT, Olson is a member of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee.
- Robert J. Oman, CPCU, of Madison, Conn. Oman is owner of The Stone Agency in Guilford, Conn. Active in PIACT, Oman is a member of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee.
- Gerard Prast of Wallingford, Conn. Prast is assistant vice president for XS Brokers with offices in Quincy and Worcester, Mass., West Hartford, Conn., and Philadelphia. Active in the association, Prast was elected treasurer of PIACT for 2017-18. He also is business issues vice chairperson of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee and is an ex-officio member of the Western Advisory Council.
- Kimberly Tompkins, CIC, AIS, AINS, CRIS, ACSR, PHM, CPIA, of Prospect, Conn. Tompkins is agency operations manager for Housing Authority Insurance in Cheshire, Conn. Active PIACT, Tompkins is the education vice chair of the Association Programs Committee.
The following individuals were elected to serve for a two-year term:
- Cindy Donaldson of New Hartford, Conn. Donaldson is owner of Red Barn Consulting LLC in New Hartford. In addition to PIACT, Donaldson is a member of the N.W. Connecticut Chamber of Commerce and the Connecticut Banking Association.
- Robert S. Reade Sr., CPRIA, LUTCF, CPIA, of Berlin, Conn. Reade is vice president of sales for William Raveis Insurance in Shelton, Conn. A PIACT member since 2005, Reade has served on the Association Programs Committee and the Western Advisory Council.
- Nicholas W. Ruickoldt, CPIA, of West Haven, Conn. Ruickoldt is an agent/broker for The Russell Insurance Agency in Southport, Conn. and is past president of the Connecticut Young Insurance Professionals, an affiliate of PIACT which promotes the professional and personal growth of those new to the insurance field by providing education and networking opportunities. In 2014 Ruickoldt received the CTYIP Young Insurance Professional of the Year award. The award is presented by CTYIP to honor a member of the association’s board of directors who has contributed a great deal of time and talent to help support the association and its programs. As a result of the CTYIP award, Ruickoldt received the PIA National Young Insurance Professional of the Year award in 2015.