Mar 13, 2020
PIACT elects 11 to board of directors
HARTFORD, Conn.—Eleven Connecticut independent insurance agents were elected to serve on the board of directors of the Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut March 6, 2020 at the association’s Annual Convention held at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Conn.
The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a three-year term:
- Nicholas Fanelli, CIC, CPCU, CLU, of Norfolk, Conn. Fanelli works at Newberry Insurance Group/Raynard & Peirce Insurance Associates, in North Canaan, Conn. Active in PIACT, Fanelli is a member of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee and also is an ex-officio member of the association’s Western Advisory Council.
- Herbert Olson, CPCU, ARM, CIC, of East Hampton, Conn. Olson is sales producer of John M. Glover Agency, in Berlin, Conn. Olson is a member of PIACT’s Legislative/Business Issues Committee.
- Robert J. Oman, CPCU, of Madison, Conn. Oman is owner of The Stone Agency, in Guilford, Conn. Oman is an active member of PIACT, serving as the business issues chairperson of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee.
- Gerard Prast, CPIA, of Wallingford, Conn. Prast is vice president for XS Brokers, which has offices in Quincy and Worcester, Mass., West Hartford, Conn., Philadelphia and Orlando, Fla. An active member of PIACT, Prast served as president-elect of the association in 2019-20, vice president in 2018-19 and treasurer in 2017-18. He currently is vice president of the Association Programs and Administrative/Nominations Committees and is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance Committee. He also is an ex-officio member of the PIACT Western Advisory Council.
- Kimberly A. Tompkins, CIC, AIS, AINS, CRIS, PHM, ACSR, CPIA, of Prospect Conn. Tompkins is the education chairperson of the Association Programs Committee.
The following individuals were elected to serve for a three-year term:
- Kathleen Bailey, ACSR, CLCS, CPIA, of Monroe, Conn. Bailey is an agent with The Russell Agency LLC, in Southport, Conn. Bailey is immediate past president of the PIACT Young Insurance Professionals. CTYIP is an organization dedicated to the professional and personal growth of newcomers to the insurance industry and an affiliate of Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc.
- Bryan Meccariello, JD, of New York, N.Y. Meccariello is general counsel for Agency Administrators Inc., in Southington, Conn.
- Barbara Simpson, CPCU, AIS, ARM, ASLI, ARe, CIW, CRIS, of Easthampton, Mass. Simpson is vice president of property/casualty for Russell Bond & Co. in Westfield, Mass.
The following individuals were elected to serve for a two-year term:
- Scott Burns. Burns is vice president, professional and management liability for XS Brokers, in Hartford, Conn. Burns is a member of CTYIP.
- Christopher Paradiso of Stafford, Conn. Paradiso is owner of Paradiso Insurance, in Stafford Springs, Conn. Active in PIACT, Paradiso is a member of the association’s Central Connecticut Advisory Council.
- Patrick Walsh of Middle Haddam, Conn. Walsh is president of Insurance Provider Group, in Wethersfield, Conn. Active in PIACT, Walsh is chairperson of the Central Connecticut Advisory Council.
PIACT is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies and their employees throughout the state.