Mar 7, 2019
PIACT re-elects six to board of directors
HARTFORD, Conn.—Six Connecticut independent insurance agents were re-elected to serve on the board of directors of the Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut today at the association’s Annual Convention held at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Conn.
The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a three-year term:
- Marissa Barbera, of Westport, Conn. Barbera is president of Charter Oak Insurance Agency in Darien, Conn.
- Mark R. Connelly, CIC, of Fairfield, Conn. Connelly is president and CEO of Fairfield County Bank Insurance Services LLC, in Ridgefield, Conn. An active member of PIACT, Connelly was elected president of the association for 2019-20. He served as president-elect from 2018-19; and currently serves as vice president of the Administrative/Nominations Committee. He also is member/consumer relations chairperson of the Association Programs Committee and is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance Committee.
- Loretta Lesko, CIC, of Shelton, Conn. Lesko is vice president of operations for the DiMatteo Insurance, in Shelton. Active in PIACT, Lesko is chairperson of the Administrative/Nominations Committee. She also is a member of the Business Issues Committee and the Glenmont National Alliance Committees. Lesko also is chairperson of the associations Western Advisory Council.
- William F. Malloy Jr., CIC, of Stamford, Conn. Malloy is president and owner of William F. Malloy Agency Inc. in Stamford. An active member of PIACT, Malloy is a member of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee.
- Kevin P. McKiernan, CIC, CPIA, of Wilton, Conn. McKiernan is president of Abercrombie, Burns, McKiernan & Co., in Darien, Conn. Active in the association, McKiernan is a member of PIACT’s Association Programs and the Glenmont National Alliance Committees. He also is an ex-officio member of PIACT’s Western Advisory Council.
- Shannon Rabbett, CIC, of Windsor, Conn. Rabbett is principal of Rabbett Insurance Agency in Windsor, Conn. Active in PIACT, Rabbett was elected vice president of the association for 2019-20. She also served as treasurer for 2018-19; and serves as conference chairperson of PIACT’s Association Programs Committee and is budget & finance chairperson of PIACT’s Executive/Budget & Finance Committee.
PIACT is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies and their employees throughout the state.