Are you a CISR designee? Are you looking to pursue the CIC designation? If so, we have the scholarship for you! Apply today for the CIC designation scholarship. Just fill out the application form below.
Each individual scholarship will provide the winner the opportunity to attend one CIC institute. The scholarship will cover registration fees up to a maximum of $460. Scholarships are available to first-time CIC participants only.
CIC scholarships will be awarded annually.
- Applicant must be new to the CIC program.
- Applicant's employer must be a member of PIANJ or applicant must be a NJYIP.
- Applicant must be employed full-time in the insurance industry.
- Must be licensed as an agent, broker, solicitor or
- Have at least two years of full-time experience as a practitioner in insurance or risk management, or
- Have served at least two years as a full-time insurance faculty member at an accredited college or university.
What do scholarships include?
Scholarships cover the fee for one institute in New Jersey. They do not include costs for hotel, meals or miscellaneous expenses.
All scholarships have one thing in common—they help motivated individuals further their careers through additional education that is current and practical. They also provide a long-range benefit to the insurance community, by encouraging and training new agents and promoting career advancement within agencies and companies.
Know someone who's interested?
We are always interested in helping new insurance professionals get a solid start and foundation for their careers. Do you know of a good candidate for a CIC scholarship? Call PIA at (800) 424-4244 to nominate that special employee or work associate.
- Applicant must be a licensed agent, broker or solicitor; OR have a minimum of two years' experience in the insurance industry; OR have served as a corporate risk manager for at least two years; OR have served as a full-time insurance faculty member of an accredited college or university.
- Applicant's employer must be a member of PIANJ or applicant must be a NJYIP. Applicant must be employed full-time in the industry.
- Applicant must be new to the CIC program. Scholarships are available to first-time participants only.
- Applicant must be willing and able to invest the time and additional expenses (travel, hotel, meals, etc.) necessary to complete the five CIC institutes within five years of passing his or her first exam. Once the designation has been earned, the applicant should be committed to fulfilling the annual update requirement of the Society of CIC.
- Scholarship recipients are required to take the examination at the end of each institute. However, passing grades are not necessary for the recipient to receive the full award. Applicants should be willing to repeat on their own any institute not passed.