Representatives from the Professional Insurance Agents of New York State Inc., met with their local legislators as part of the PIANY 2023 District Office Visit program.
The PIANY members met with Sen. Patricia Canzoneri-Fitzpatrick, R-9; Sen. Alexis Weik, R-8; Assemblyman Brian Curran, R-21; Assemblyman Michael Durso, R-9; and representatives for Sen. Toby Ann Stavisky, D-11; Sen. Kevin Thomas, D-6; Assemblywoman Gina L. Sillitti, D-16; and Assemblyman Steve Stern, D-10.
PIANY is working on behalf of professional, independent agents, their businesses, and the clients they serve for the passage of a comprehensive legislative agenda in 2023, which includes:
- standardizing the definition of windstorm;
- allowing carriers to waive photo inspections;
- repealing the anti-arson application requirement in New York City;
- ensuring consumer protections from carrier bait-and-switch activities;
- New York State Insurance Fund reforms; and
- opposing statutory bad faith.
Through this series of meetings, PIANY was represented by:
- PIANY President-elect Gary Slavin, CLTC, CIC, of Massapequa, N.Y. Slavin is financial services representative and investment adviser representative for MassMutual, in Massapequa.
- PIANY Vice President Jason E. Bartow, AAI, CPIA, of Dix Hills, N.Y. Bartow is executive vice president of Bartow Insurance Agency & Jebb Brokerage Inc., in Deer Park.
- PIANY Director Justin Fries, CIC, CPCU, CPIA, of Roslyn, N.Y. Fries is chief operating officer of Garber, Atlas, Fries & Associates, in Oceanside.
- PIANY past President Jeffrey H. Greenfield of Rockville Centre, N.Y. Greenfield is managing partner for NGL Group LLC, in Lynbrook.
- PIANY past President Alan Plafker, CPIA, of Manhasset, N.Y. Plafker is vice president for Garber, Atlas, Fries & Associates, in Oceanside.