Representatives from the Professional Insurance Agents of New York State Inc. met with their local legislators as part of the PIANY 2023 District Office Visit program. The PIANY members met with representatives for Sen. James Skoufis, D-42; and Assemblyman Jonathan Jacobson, D-104.
PIANY is working on behalf of professional, independent agents, their businesses, and the clients they serve for the passage of a comprehensive legislative agenda in 2023, which includes:
- standardizing the definition of windstorm;
- allowing carriers to waive photo inspections;
- repealing the anti-arson application requirement in New York City;
- ensuring consumer protections from carrier bait-and-switch activities;
- New York State Insurance Fund reforms; and
- opposing statutory bad faith.
Through this series of meetings, PIANY was represented by:
- PIANY immediate past President Tim Dean, CIC, CRM, of Hopewell Junction, N.Y. Dean is chairman of the board of Marshall & Sterling Inc., in Poughkeepsie.
- PIANY Committee Member Frances A. Scott, of Campbell Hall, N.Y. Scott is principal of F.A. Scott Insurance Agency, in Goshen.