PIANY Committee Member Bruce D. Rowledge, and PIA Northeast Director of Government & Industry Affairs Bradford J. Lachut, Esq., met with representatives for Sen. Jacob Ashby, R-43, and Assemblyman Phil Steck, D-110, as part of the PIANY 2023 District Office Visit program.
PIANY is working on behalf of professional, independent agents, their businesses, and the clients they serve for the passage of a comprehensive legislative agenda in 2023, which includes:
- standardizing the definition of windstorm;
- allowing carriers to waive photo inspections;
- repealing the anti-arson application requirement in New York City;
- ensuring consumer protections from carrier bait-and-switch activities;
- New York State Insurance Fund reforms; and
- opposing statutory bad faith.