PIA provides members with resources, advice and information that offer real savings in time and money. You're a member for a reason, and this is it. Take advantage of everything PIA has to offer.
- Ask PIA
A searchable database featuring hundreds of member questions answered by our highly-qualified technical specialists.
- QuickSource Document Library
PIA's extensive library of industry reference materials.
- Business Operations Tool Kit
Tools to help you maximize the value of your agency and take it to the next level.
- News and Publications
The single source for the information you need—e-mail reports, the acclaimed PIA Reporter and the award-winning PIA magazine.
- Access experts
- Associate Member Directory—A complete listing of PIA associate members that provide products and services to insurance agents and brokers.
- Circle of Consultants—A referral program to industry professionals with expertise in all areas of agency operations, many giving PIA-member discounts.
- E&O Assistance Hotline—Offers association members assistance with their E&O-related inquiries through PIA’s E&O Counsel, Robert M. Sullivan, Esq.
- Technical Hotline—Submit a request here or call (800) 424-4244 to have your questions answered by our highly-qualified technical specialists.
- Technology Hotline—Members can have their technology-related inquiries answered by nationally recognized consultants Steve Anderson, CIC, and Jason H. Hoeppner, CIC.
- Agency development
- Agency Transition Program—A program that assists members in making contact with other agencies that are looking to buy, sell or merge insurance businesses.
- Business Operations Tool Kit—Tools to help you maximize the value of your agency and take it to the next level.
- Closing the Gap—Growth and Profit (PIA National)—Tools designed to help agencies project and plan for new business growth and profitability on a five-year basis.
- Independent Agency Ownership of Expirations (PIA National)—A PIA National task force report assessing challenges and considerations for continuing action to ensure independent agency ownership of expirations.
- Licensing/CE Compliance Central—Information about the latest licensing and CE rules and how they apply to you and your business.
- Practical Guide to Successful Planning (PIA National)—An online reference and resource center to help agency planning efforts and coordination with the carriers they represent.
- Steps to Success—Resources to build a successful agency from the ground up or to grow your existing agency.
- BusinessLink™—A program helping companies, managing general agencies, general agencies and agencies looking for appointments to find each other.
- Market Transition Tool Kit—Resources to help you educate your clients and agency staff on the changing market.
- MarketBase™—Market leads for your hard-to-place risks—nearly 2,100 special risk categories from nearly 100 firms.
- PIA Company Rating Tracking Service—Stay on top of the latest changes to your specific carriers' A.M. Best ratings through this exclusive PIA-member service.
- Crisis planning and preparation
- Agency Preparedness and Recovery Plan—A disaster tool kit with all the resources and information needed to create an agency-specific disaster plan.
- Flood Insurance Tool Kit—Comprehensive reference materials to assist members in advising their clients about flood insurance.
- Privacy Compliance Central—The latest on privacy laws and requirements, including a risk assessment survey to develop an agency-specific security program.
- Storm Info Central—A single source for all your hurricane-related information and resources.
- Agency Marketing Tool Kit—Free marketing tools and strategies—including consumer fliers, print-ready advertisements, sales letters and more.
- The PIA Branding Program (PIA National)—Free marketing materials from PIA National, which PIA members can use to promote their businesses and the independent agency system.
- Agency Perpetuation Central (PIA National)—Resources to help members with agency perpetuation, business succession and ownership transfers.
- Agency Staffing Assistance Program—A comprehensive tool kit designed to help members recognize, recruit, hire and train good employees.
- “Careers in insurance” recruitment presentation—A recruitment presentation and other materials to help members educate local communities about the benefits of a career in insurance.
- PIA HR Info Central—A Web-based human resources portal offering support and access to the latest human resources tools and legal compliance information.
- ACORD Advantage Program—Offers access to ACORD’s Advantage Program offering free printable ACORD forms including instructions; or, as a paid subscriber, access to computer-fillable forms.
- Get Real Time—The latest information on the real-time workflow movement, and how it can increase agency productivity and profitability.
- Technology Info Central—A one-stop shop for technology news, vendors and consumer information for members' Web sites.