Government and Industry Affairs
PIA is your direct line to decision makers—in government and industry—representing your interests and facing down threats agencies arenít equipped to handle alone.
- Legislative/regulatory issues
Statements, letters and testimony from PIA on proposed legislation and regulations.
- Legislative agenda, priority bill status, wrap-ups
PIACT's plan for the coming year, including priority bill status reports and end-of-the-year progress reports on PIA's past lobbying efforts.
- 2014 PIA Market Trends Survey—A survey tracking PIA member perceptions of pricing, remarketing, underwriting, nonrenewals and the use of wholesalers and trending from the previous yearís survey.
- 2012 Company Performance Survey —An annual survey of PIA members ranking carriers in a number of categories: service, compensation, claims, technology and more.
- 2011 PIA System & Transaction Agency Research Survey—Offers data on how agents interface with insurance carriers to rate, place and service business.
- Company Performance Survey trends—Historical results of the PIA Company Performance Survey since 2009 ranking carriers in a number of categories: service, compensation, claims, technology and more.
- Company Performance Survey archive—Historical results of the PIA Company Performance Survey from inception to 2008 ranking carriers in a number of categories: service compensation, claims, technology and more.
- Company Benchmark Survey—A recent benchmark survey of PIA members identifying those items of utmost importance to association members in their carrier relationships.
- Government and Industry Engagement
- Diamond Club Reception—An informal meeting of PIA members and state legislators that promotes candid discussion of important industry issues.
- Federal Legislative Summit—PIA members travel to Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., to lobby lawmakers on key issues facing the industry.
- Departments of insurance—Links to various states' departments of insurance.
- Departments of motor vehicles—Links to various states' departments of motor vehicles.
- Elected officials—Links to your state and federal elected officials.
- Grassroots dos and don'ts—Guidelines and suggestions to help members work effectively with lawmakers.