How To Get Started:
- You must be a PIA member in good standing.
- Fax a Brokerage Agreement to 888-812-8601 along with a copy of your CT Insurance license and a copy of your E&O declarations page (with minimum limits of $1,000,000).
- Verify eligibility by reviewing the Class Code list and Underwriting Guidelines.
When you find the class code make sure you click on the phraseology to get the Underwriting Guidelines for each carrier. Reviewing the guidelines will help you to identify if a risk is acceptable.
- Fax the completed Acord 130 to us at 888-812-8601 (include the Inclusion or Exclusion form, if applicable).
Certain risks may require loss runs and additional forms. When reviewing the acceptable class code list make sure you click on the phraseology to view the underwriting requirements and additional information needed. Risks that qualify only for AmTrust of North America may require up to three years worth of loss runs and additional questionnaires.
- Anticipate a faxed quote within 24/48 hours of PIA receiving a complete submission.
If quoting with AmTrust North America, expect a faxed quote within 72 hours.
- Fax back an acceptance to Agency Resources (ARI) at 973-261-9202.
If quoted by AmTrust North America, fax acceptance and a copy of deposit check to PIA at 888-812-8601. However, you must mail your check directly to the carrier. Do not mail payment to PIA!
- Anticipate a faxed binder within 48 hours. The carrier will bill your client directly...and you're done!
AmTrust North America requires a down payment within five days of the inception date. The other carriers are direct bill.
Important! A complete Acord 130 application increases response time.
(Individual Underwriting (by class code) is available by clicking on the phraseology)
- Classes are subject to minimum premiums, depending on the carrier and the class code
- You need to provide a detailed description of the business operations (web site address and/or a business brochure would be helpful)
- Depending on the risk and the carrier, loss runs may be required
- Backdating is not allowed - Effective date will be the date that the application (plus any additional requested information) is received at PIA or a later date
- The carriers may review Dunn and Bradstreet reports and will decline the risk if they deem the Insurance Score as unacceptable
- New business ventures - field experience and a description of that experience must be provided in order for the risk to be considered
- Contractor Risks:
- Chartis (formerly AIG): Minimum Premium $10,000
- No 24-hour operations
- No placement services, temporary agencies or leased employees
- No non-profits
- No daycare/pre-school
- No Manufacturer's Reps
- No laboratories
- No seasonal operations
- No working out of the house/home
Insured will be billed by company directly, including down payment.
Alternate A+ Carrier:
Financing of policies is not allowed for this carrier.
Premiums under $2,500:30% down 25% due the 2nd month 25% due the 5th month 20% due the 8th month
Premiums over $2,500:25% down with 9 equal installments
**A $6.00 per installment fee will be charged.
- Premiums $3,500 to $5,000 - Option A
- Premiums $5,000 to $10,000 - Option B
- Premiums $10,000 and over - Option C
- A late charge of $10.00 is applied to payments received after the due date.
Option A: Full Pay or 65% down with 1 installment
Option B: 50% down with 2 or 3 monthly installments or 30% down with 6 monthly installments
Option C: 20% down with 9 monthly installments
**A $5.00 per installment fee will be charged.
AmTrust North America (Pay-as-you-go option available-click here):
- Pay in full
- 50% Down payment and one installment
- 40% Down payment and 3 quarterly installments (minimum premium of $1,000 required)
- 25% Down payment and 3 equal consecutive monthly installments (Requires annual premiums in excess of $1,000)
- 25% Down payment and 8 equal consecutive monthly installments (Requires annual premiums in excess of $2,500)
- 10% Down payment and 9 equal consecutive monthly installments (Requires annual premiums in excess of $2,500)
- 12 equal consecutive monthly installments (Requires annual premiums in excess of $600 and the use of direct debit)
- Alternate A+ Carrier - 7% remitted on full premium
- AmTrust North America - 5% remitted on paid premium
- Chartis (formerly AIG) - 6% remitted on full premium
- Tower - 6% remitted on full premium
- Zurich - 6% remitted on full premium
- You submit a completed application and necessary supplements
- PIA reviews for accuracy and completeness
- Based on the information received, PIA and/or Agency Resources will determine (based on the risk) which carrier would quote the business