Are you a CISR designee? Are you looking to pursue the CIC designation? If so, we have the scholarship for you! Apply today for the Ed Consultants CIC Scholarship. Just fill out the application form below!
CIC scholarships will be awarded at the annual CIC Ruble Graduate Seminar, ...Apply or nominate a deserving professional today. Don't miss this opportunity to attend a CIC institute free of charge— a $420 value.
Nominate a deserving associate today.
The CIC designation means you have the knowledge, personal dedication, and expertise to succeed in an ever-changing, demanding profession.
Do you have what it takes?
Each individual scholarship will provide the winner the opportunity to attend one CIC institute. The scholarship will cover registration fees up to a maximum of $420. Scholarships are available to first time CIC participants only.
PIA and the Society of Certified Insurance Counselors continually endeavor to help insurance professionals become the best that they can be. How? By offering scholarships to deserving individuals in the insurance industry.
About the Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded to first-time participants, especially those interested in attending all classes in a program and earning the designation. Candidates should be strongly committed to continuing education and a career in insurance. Scholarships are applicable only to CIC institutes held in New York.
Do you think you can outshine the rest of our qualified CIC scholarship applicants? Take a few minutes to fill out this form and send it in to PIA today.
CIC Scholarship requirements:
- Applicant must be new to the CIC program.
- Applicant’s employer must be a member of PIANY.
- Applicant must be employed full-time in the insurance industry.
- Must be licensed as an agent, broker, solicitor or
- Have at least two years of full-time experience as a practitioner in insurance or risk management, or
- Have served at least two years as a full-time insurance faculty member at an accredited college or university.
What do scholarships include?
Scholarships cover the fee for one institute in NY. They do not include costs for hotel, meals, or miscellaneous expenses.
All scholarships have one thing in common – they help motivated individuals further their careers through additional education that is current and practical. And they provide a long-range benefit to the insurance community, by encouraging and training new agents and promoting career advancement within agencies and companies.
Know someone Who’s interested?
We are always interested in helping new insurance professionals get a solid start and foundation for their careers. Do you know of a good candidate for a CIC scholarship? Call Suzanne at PIA (1-800-424-4244) to nominate that special employee or work associate.
Scholarship Eligibility• Applicant must be a licensed agent, broker or solicitor; OR have a minimum of two years’ experience in the insurance industry; OR have served as a corporate risk manager for at least two years; OR have served as a full-time insurance faculty member of an accredited college or university.
• Applicant’s employer must be a member of PIANY. Applicant must be employed full-time in the industry.
• Applicant must be new to the CIC program. Scholarships are available to first-time participants only.
• Applicant must be willing and able to invest the time and additional expenses (travel, hotel, meals, etc.) necessary to complete the five CIC institutes within five years of passing his or her first exam. Once the designation has been earned, the applicant should be committed to fulfilling the annual update requirement of the Society of CIC.
• Scholarship recipients are required to take the examination at the end of each institute. However, passing grades are not necessary for the recipient to receive the full award. Applicants should be willing to repeat on their own any institute not passed.